no more windows

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Jul 20 22:40:25 UTC 2008

Pastor JW wrote:
> On Sunday 20 July 2008 07:38:38 am Kim Briggs wrote:
>
>> On 7/20/08, norman <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
>>

>>>  Could some kind person please point me in the correct direction so that
>>>  I can remove windows from my machine and have Ubuntu 8.04 only.
>>>
>>>  Norman
>>>
>> Hi Norman,
>>
>> Here is the ISO file:  http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
>>
>> You need to burn it as an "ISO image" and not as a data disk.  One of
>> the choices during setup will be "use entire disk".  The Ubuntu setup
>> program will format your disk for you and rid you of Windows.
>>

> While true, that was not his problem.  He already has XP running in VM which
> is done so he can play Bridge Baron.  His problem is getting an online
> connection from his brother's machine to his.  With DHCP enabled in his
> router and changed to bridged, it ought to do just what he wants.

    I am wondering why so many people loading Ubuntu MUST also have
Windows XT or Vista? I should think that if they are not sure they will
like Ubuntu then load Ubuntu in it's own partition and have Grub boot to
it when you want to. All this pain and waste of time on VM seems to
generate many messages on how to get VM working.

    Of course my computer has zero Windows and this is because nothing
on windows do I want. It sure makes it cleaner and easy.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User