The pest again

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sun Jul 20 19:33:32 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 11:58 -0700, Steven Davies-Morris wrote:
> Is this now a dual-boot Ubuntu/WinXP system?  I get the distinct
> impression that you are expecting WINE to magically give you access to
> the "Windows side" of a dual-boot system.  Which is not what it does
> at all.

That said, if the OP wants to have access to his existing Windows
install and run that in a window under Ubuntu, this can be done with
virtualization. At least vmware supports it (with may a bit of Windows
profile fiddling), I don't know about other virtualization solutions
like Virtualbox or others.

Also: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/wine