Knode

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 04:34:51 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Jeffrey Needle <jeff.needle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I've tried Pan as a newsreader.  It's not entirely satisfactory,
> as some have warned me previously.

What have you found that it's missing? Personally, I prefer it for
getting binary attachments as it does a terrific job of automatically
getting all the parts for you. It doesn't work at all for posting
binaries, however. There are other tools that one can use from the
command line, but I rarely do that.

> Knode is listed under both Add/Remove Programs and Synaptic as a news
> reader.  I installed it using Add/Remove, but it isn't anywhere to be

It should be there if you've installed it. I don't use menus all that
often. Have you tried going to a konsole and running knode from the
command line?

> I see it's part of KDE PIM, but that's not anywhere on my system,
> either.  Does anyone have any insight into what's happening?  I tried to

Well it's part of kontact, which also includes some other programs,
but it's installable separately.

dfox at newbox:~$ aptitude show knode
Package: knode
State: installed