Switching from 64 bit to 32 bit version

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 19:40:40 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Leonard Bussey <lbus42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did some searching on the forums and found that I could CHROOT the 32
> bit programs (i.e. Firefox, Adobe Flash, etc..), but it looked like more

firefox is 64 bit.

You can get around doing a reinstall and not going through the hassle
of doing a 32-bit chroot by just installing ia32-libs for 32bit and
then installing the 32-bit programs you can't get in 64 bit (acroread,
flash, etc.)

Switching to 32-bit would require a reinstall, unless you want to do
something like run the 32 bit version alongside the 64-bit one in
virtualbox or something