Same installation problem over and over again.

elmo elmo at ne.rr.com
Sat Jul 19 14:53:55 UTC 2008

David Fox wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 9:30 AM, elmo <elmo at ne.rr.com> wrote:
>

>> Later, when I had a working UBUNTU, I discovered that it had the
>> burners, K3B and Brasero that had the ability to create an IMAGE disk.
>>

> Yes. Not only that, if you do a "create new data disk" in K3B and drag
> & drop the ISO file into the files window to burn, it *assumes* (at
> least K3B does) that you want to burn the file as an image, and not as
> a filesystem containing only one file.
>
> I have never used nero. Maybe it doesn't make that assumption for you,
> which causes these sorts of problems?
>

>> Elmo

Nero has something called "Burn Image to disk" but anyone who lived in a
Windows environment
only and has never before had the need to make an image disk may never
think of looking for it
in Nero. I'm one of those people.  Judging from how many Windows
users,even now, have difficulty with making
a proper UBUNTU IMAGE disk, I wasn't alone.

Now, I use either Brasero or K3B and have 3 variations of UBUNTU
installed, one on an external HD.