Gnome keyboard shortcuts problem

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 11:50:48 UTC 2008

Since a week or two ago, it doesn't seem to be possible to make a shortcut
to my home folder to work. Everything else seems to work, such as Ctrl+Alt+t
to launch a terminal. I assigned Ctrl+Alt+n for my home folder. A while ago,
when it worked, Ctrl+Alt+n opened my home folder with Nautilus, but now
nothing happens.

I have changed the shortcut so something else and changed it back again, I
have verified that the setting is intact etc, but nothing still happens when
I press Ctrl+Alt+n (or whatever shortcut I use at the moment for that
particular thing).

I have no idea where to start debugging, so all ideas are welcome. I think I
need to understand exactly what happens when I press a key that are matched
by one of the assigned shortcuts. Is this a Gnome thing? Are there any files
that I should check, etc?

As I said, other shortcuts, like Ctrl+Alt+t for launcing a terminal works
perfectly.

Oh, and clicking "places → hoke folder" opens my home folder with Nautilus
perfectly.

I uninstalled Nautilus, which made my home folder being opened with EasyTag
instead, but it still didn't work using the keyboard shortcut.

UbuntuStudio 8.04. I always update (using the update manager) when there is
an update available.

Johnny Rosenberg