Annoying behavious of Nautilus when drag+drop as link

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sat Jul 19 10:42:05 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 12:06 +0200, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

> Well, different people – different opinions. In my opinion it's very
> important, plus that I actually hate that "Link to" thing. It
> irritated me in Windows, but fortuntaely I found out how to get rid of
> it there.

Oh, I did not mean to say that I am against changing the default text or
providing an option to remove the "Link to" part. Sorry if I was
unclear.

What I did mean was that "scripts (even system scripts) can fail on
filenames with spaces" can not be a justification for such an option.
This is so because spaces are allowed by the filesystem, the user is not
prevented from creating such files, and therefore someone WILL do it).
If a script (especially a system script) fails on spaces it should be
fixed.

I'd agree with a change or option on the grounds of removing redundancy
and improving aesthetics.