VirtualBox and Hardy

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sat Jul 19 06:30:58 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 07:32 +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
> Here, under "Audio" I see options for Pulse, Alsa, OSS, and "null" for
> audio. (hardy, up to date I think.)

I still can't check, but yes, I remember now. Maybe my error uncovered
the OP's problem, though: there are options for Virtualbox to select
which sound system to use. And then (and this is what I remembered)
there is an option for a particular virtual machine "Use Sound" or not.
This, IIRC, is off by default. Maybe that's the reason that OP hears
nothing?