Same installation problem over and over again.

David Fox dfox94085 at
Sat Jul 19 02:48:46 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 9:30 AM, elmo <elmo at> wrote:

> Later, when I had a working UBUNTU, I discovered that it had the
> burners, K3B and Brasero that had the ability to create an IMAGE disk.

Yes. Not only that, if you do a "create new data disk" in K3B and drag
& drop the ISO file into the files window to burn, it *assumes* (at
least K3B does) that you want to burn the file as an image, and not as
a filesystem containing only one file.

I have never used nero. Maybe it doesn't make that assumption for you,
which causes these sorts of problems?