Domain Issue

Javier Palacios javiplx at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 09:26:17 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 3:27 PM, mgeorgetti at mvsd.net
<mgeorgetti at mvsd.net> wrote:
> I have successfully installed Edubuntu and everything seems to be working
> OK. I think that I have added myself to the domain under the Network window
> of the System>Administration menu. With my Domain credentials I can access
> various machines on the network and am able to use my proxy to get out onto
> the Internet. My question is: is it possible to log onto the Edubuntu
> computer using my domain credentials like in Windows? Right now I can only
> log onto the machine locally.

If you mean something like that your user in the domain is valid in
the edubuntu box, the answer is yes. There are a couple of tutorials
on ubuntu wiki pages. Search for SingleSignOn and
ActiveDirectoryHowto. Also the info on
http://kad.wiki.sourceforge.net/ActiveDirectoryIntegration might help.

Javier Palacios