zipsplit: Entry too big to split, read, or write

Bram Kuijper a.l.w.kuijper at rug.nl
Thu Jul 17 19:17:41 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to use the program zipsplit (version 2.32) on a large zip
file (58 Mb) with the following command:

zipsplit -n 100000 my_zipfile.zip

zipsplit says:
Entry too big to split, read, or write

zipsplit however does work on smaller (< 5Mb) files.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? I find it rather strange
for a program to choke on large files, since splitting very large files
is to my opinion the only thing for which zipsplit might be useful. But
I might be wrong of course...

Anyone experienced the same problem with zipsplit? Or should I file a bug?

thanks,

Bram