Firefox Segmentation Fault

Darryl Tidd darryl.tidd at daaokc.com
Wed Jul 16 22:01:19 UTC 2008

Hi Ed,
Well, I did a complete reinstall of Ubuntu, but I have my home on a
separate drive.  Therefore, the settings, plugins, and the like stayed
the same.  I downgraded to FF2, and deleted the ./mozilla/firefox
directory.  I then reinstalled FF3 again, but it is still using the
./moz..fox dir, that was set up by FF2.  So, I deleted the .mozilla dir
and let FF3 recreate.  Installed plugins. Went to www.yahoo.com, hit
sign in, signed in, and then went to mail.  Shut down, got the same error:
(firefox:6745): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion
`G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
Segmentation fault