nVidia mcp 55

Tipton, Timothy Timothy.Tipton at pxd.com
Wed Jul 16 14:15:16 UTC 2008

>I'm using the nVidia MCP 55 ethernet card, on a live environment of
Ubuntu, >its simply not working, I am emailing this to you from windows
vista (im >planning on dual booting, but i want everything working
first)

I have the same card - same problem when I upgraded - this worked for me
(obviously, in terminal):

$ sudo su
# rmmod forcedeth
# modprobe forcedeth msi=0 msix=0
# /etc/init.d/networking restart

---- that only works until you reboot - then you have to do it again. I
actually searched the forums and figured out how to make it permanent -
I'm not at my home machine so I don't know the URL - but if you search
the forums, I'm sure you'll find it.

Good Luck, HTH
Tim

Statement of Confidentiality:
This message may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.