Latest Hardy Update & More Flashplayer Issues

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 16 04:14:01 UTC 2008

javascript:void(window.open('http://us.rd.yahoo.com/csp/sbc/hp/pcm/watch_miss_usa_takes_tumble_at_pageant/*http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/sbc?http://us.rd.yahoo.com/csp/sbc/hp/pcm/watch_miss_usa_takes_tumble_at_pageant/*http://primetime.tv.yahoo.com/','playerWindow','width=793,height=608,scrollbars=no'));

> You need to be a subscriber to view.

Subscribed to what?  Am subscribed to att.myyahoo.com
and nothing on my home page has ever required a
subscription to view video.  This movie came from a
"Today" entry on my Yahoo and could play all the other
Today videos but not the above one.

> Given the issues that you've had with Fx3 & Flash
> (64bit), you might
> want to give SeaMonkey a go and see how that works
> for you. It's in the
> Hardy repo's (although it's still on 1.1.9
> w/security issues and hasn't
> be upgraded to 1.1.10 yet) if you want to try that
> version.

Will give SeaMonkey a try. Had it along with Opera and
Swiftfox loaded on gutsy but haven't installed on
hardy yet.
Surely, there are people on the list out there who
have 64 bit hardy and have flash working well but only
you reply to my posts.  Thanks you for that!  I'm
beginning to get paranoid over the fact that no one
else replies to my posts:; like maybe I can't
communicate.  Well, googling sometimes help but there
are too many googles out there on the flash player
subject and way too many fixes.
Thanks for your reply,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net