Writer Vs Word

debian debiani386 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 12:29:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 08:14 -0400, Pat Brown wrote:

> Alan_Dacey at horizonblue.com wrote:
> >
> > >Anybody who's ever used the "new and improved" MS Office 2007 has left
> > >screaming.  The user interface is truly horrible!  The archetype of
> > >Microsloth bloatware!

> > Microsoft

> > I just got and email from OOo this morning.   Beta 3.0  can now open
> > the ms Office 2007 'x' files.
> > Also dictionary support for Writer.  I'll check it out tonight.
> >
> > I'm still waiting for a decent import function in Base though.
> > Copy & paste doesn't work too well with hundred of thousands of records.
> >
> > http://marketing.openoffice.org/3.0/featurelistbeta.html
> >

> > GrokIt
> > ==============================================================================
> > This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message is prohibited -- please immediately and permanently delete this message.
> > ==============================================================================
> >

> I was given a copy of Office 2007 and couldn't believe how horrible it
> was. I hadn't really been tempted to switch from OO even for Office
> 2000, but this was far worse than anything I'd seen before. You're
> right, talk about a severe case of bloat. Honestly, how many average
> users could possibly use a quarter of this stuff?
>
> Pat Brown
> pat.mysterywriter at gmail.com
> http://www.pabrown.ca/
>
> L.A. Heat, now hotter than ever!

the interface is *** too but also, i have noticed some glitches in M$
offices formatting where it will move the 2nd item listing over for no
reason and there is nothing you can do to get it back so your documents
look like crap. ive noticed that since office xp. This is why i left
office :) oo kicks office in the butt

about the only thing theyve really changes is the interface. To tell you
the truth, i perferred office xp's interface over office 2007's and i
perfer oo's interface over all of them
--cj