Linksys WPC54GS Install Question

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 15 11:32:41 UTC 2008

Folks,

I purchased one of the above adapters. The install instructions state
that the supplied CDROM must be used before connecting the card to my
laptop (Dell Latitude 610, Ubuntu 8.04 LTS). Naturally since I am not
running a M$ OS it will not execute. Do I need to run anything on my
system before proceeding to install the adapter? Can just plug it in and
continue to setup the device, following the Ubuntu instructions.

The Linksys support group have been less than helpful...

I have read and understand the docs for WiFi Installation. There are no
references to pre-install activities...

Thanks,
Jay

--