Hardy Problems

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Jul 13 15:17:57 UTC 2008

    When I loaded Hardy from a LiveCD it went very fast and well. Upon
reboot I got all the Updates and every one worked. As time passes I
learn about things that I might like to see on Ubuntu, and often they
are already on my system.

    Since Hardy has pulse audio I was sure my Ham Radio digital software
would fail. It didn't fail at all and works fine.

    I put Hardy on my laptop sure that the WiFi would not work. It
didn't at first but now it works fine every time.

    I was so happy with Gutsy I didn't plan to load Hardy. But then
learned it was not going to be supported. So I loaded Hardy and it is
better than Gutsy in several areas.

    The current problem is I can't use the fancy compiz because of
computer failings and will try to upgrade the computer so it works.
There will be others like this but it sure seems like there is nothing a
lot better than Ubuntu Hardy for a Desktop computer.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User