keyboard malfunction?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sat Jul 12 23:34:21 UTC 2008

Robert Spanjaard wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 16:01:49 -0500, Jason Crain wrote:
>
>> Bob Cortez wrote:
>>> This is the alphabet according to my keyboard while running any
>>> applications. abcdefgh515306n6*qrst4vwxy
>>
>> This a laptop keyboard?  Laptops often have those keys mapped to numbers
>> when the Fn key is pressed.  Depending on the brand of laptop, you can
>> try pressing the Fn+F11 keys at the same time to set it back to normal
>> text mode.
>
> I don't think that's the problem, because some numbers are repeated and
> the positioning doesn't make sense.

Well, it doesn't quite make sense, anyway, as there are too many digits
between h & n, but on my laptop numlock would make ijklmno = 51230n6 (I
actually did that by turning on numlock for the first time ever on this
laptop!), which is a single wrong transcription plus one extra character.
Not so far off...
--
derek