Unknown use of F9 key

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 15:00:54 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
>    This nVidia 6100 computer will support the compiz fully but I think
> the device overheats. I am going to figure out how to verify this. I
> have a temperature measuring wire on my CPU cooling tower just stuck

I ran across a SuperKaramba applet that was supposed to display
information for nvidia, sensors, GPU temperature etc., but I couldn't
get it to display any data.

I've seen my box get up to 53 C (according to acpi) and it didn't fall
over except for that one time last week when we had >100 daytime
temps. Right now, it's hovering at about 20 C, even when compiz is
running

Just shot up another 15 C when I launched a 3d app (stellarium).