24 hour clock in Evolution

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 11 22:47:53 UTC 2008

On 07/09/2008 08:40 PM, Rick wrote:
> It has been recommended that I use a pure Ubuntu program instead of one
> of those "third party" thingies, so here I am asking about Evolution. In
> Calendar, the 24 hour day is displayed, but in Mail, I see AM and PM. I
> have searched the sources, but have found nowhere to change the mail
> listings to the 24 hour clock. I will greatly appreciate your assistance
> in solving this problem.
>
> By the way, in Nautilus the dates are shown day - month - year, whereas
> in Evolution they display as month - day - hour (AM/PM). This will
> certainly be rectified when I learn how to make the change in Evolution.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick

There are several "won't fix' bugs filed regarding this that I'll not
attempt to bother you with just yet. Please (from a terminal) do the
following:

1. Cut&Paste&Post the output of the following command and post back here:

locale

2. Enter the following. It will bring up Evolution - please verify that
your email times show 24 hour vs am/pm and that the local clock on your
panel display remains at its current setting:

LC_TIME=en_DK.UTF-8 /usr/bin/evolution

If that works, then we can try to set it on a more permanent basis.