unsubscribing

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Fri Jul 11 20:39:25 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 16:13 -0400, Michael "TheZorch" Haney wrote:
> My post wasn't for Brie Gordon but to the community as a whole, maybe I
> should have been clearly on that.  It pertained to the guy's question
> about installing Ubuntu.  He downloaded, didn't really know how to use a
> .ISO file and Windows being Windows tried to open it with Notepad.

No, that was Leslie Bounan.

>  So,
> let me be clear, this isn't about Brie Gordon's response on this thread,
> but about the way people responded to this guy on his first one asking
> for help.

12 Answers to Leslie Bounan, "Please help", about the iso:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2008-July/152338.html

7 of which offering different solutions and advice for the problem in
question, in including yours.
1 offering general mailing list advice/help (mine).
1 not helpful and a bit rude (usual suspect).
2 replies to that, one humorous, 1 annoyed.

Not too bad a result, I would think. Why do you think that Leslie was
treated badly? I really want to know.