unsubscribing

Michael "TheZorch" Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 17:44:09 UTC 2008

Brie Gordon wrote:

> And try the form towards the bottom of the page, it might be easier
> for you.
> Regards,
I'm not sure if anyone of you realize this or not (or even care) but you
drove this person away.  This is one of the BIGGEST complaints I hear
from people about Linux is that the community isn't kind to newbies, and
you're proving their statement right with how this guy was treated in
this group.  He didn't get flamed but nobody really tried to actually
help this guy in a way he'd understand.  It was obvious from his post
that he was a complete newbie to Linux and not even really that computer
literate either.  People's replies to his post either talked down to him
like he was stupid or failed to really give him the help he needed and
this is unacceptable considering that Ubuntu is all about Community.

We lost a possible Linux convert today, and it might be sometime if ever
that this person will consider trying it again.  I think its really sad
that this happened especially in a forum for a OS which touts Community
Togetherness as its highest resource.

Just some food for thought.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney