apt-get system reinstallation

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 9 16:35:25 UTC 2008

On 07/09/2008 09:22 AM, NoOp wrote:

> 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1193 reinstalled, 0 to remove
> and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 45.4MB/486MB of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
> Writing extended state information... Error!
> E: I wasn't able to locate file for the nxclient package. This might
> mean you need to manually fix this package.
> ggserver2 at userver:~$
>
> NX is the only package that I have on that system that I installed with
> dpkg, so I'll blow it out and try the command again. In the interim,
> perhaps sktsee or someone can advise of a similar command with exceptions?

Well, after removing NX it seemed to be going well until this part:

Fetched 45.4MB in 4min46s (158kB/s)

E: Couldn't configure pre-depend coreutils for debianutils, probably a
dependency cycle.
A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information