24 hour clock in Sunbird

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Jul 9 14:08:35 UTC 2008

Rick wrote:

> As to the substance of your remarks, begging off giving advice because
> an application is "third party" in a list devoted to open source
> applications is just a little off target. Were I faced with such a
> question, I would admit ignorance, and not elect to write an impolite
> response.

If you had just asked for help with Sunbird, you would have probably got a
pointer to a place to get help with Sunbird, possibly with a note that
there aren't likely many people here who can help.  Instead, you've been
complaining that we won't help, yet then ask for help with a 3rd party app
and whine about how Ubuntu makes things so hard.  And you expect anything
but a frosty reception?

> This information, coupled with a friendly word would have been much
> nicer, don't you think? Although I tried to explain that I wanted to
> avoid additional lists, because of the time it takes.

Excuse me, but that just suggests you're too lazy to help yourself - again,
not an attitude calculated to appeal to us.

> Please don't make this a "casus belli" to justify feelings of
> aggression. I appreciate your advice. Perhaps the wording might have
> been gentler.

Perhaps you really need to learn how to ask questions - and where to ask
them.
--
derek