Command line usenet client?

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 01:19:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Robert Dailey <rcdailey at gmail.com> wrote:

> PowerPost on windows, except that this needs to function on the
> command line only. I'm using Ubuntu Server 8.04. Thanks in advance.

By command line ITYM something that isn't at all graphical, just
something that can retrieve an article set by just giving it the
newsgroup name and article subjects and/or article numbers - rather
than doing anything graphical or even menu-driven - that could be used
in a script. That's something I haven't run across.

But for posting, I've used ypost successfully in the past for posting
binary articles.

Now I can't seem to find it, but I used it on Debian.

There's also postnews.