Command line usenet client?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 8 22:38:50 UTC 2008

On 07/08/2008 01:46 PM, Robert Dailey wrote:

> Will the server reboot in the GUI, or do I start it manually?

Hmmm... I hadn't thought about that (the reboot) - give me a few hours
and I'll load one up and give it a try.

Also,
> would I still be able to use PuTTY?

Should be no problem there. You should be able to use all of your cli
and applications that you use on the server now.

I'm not sure how having a desktop
> would affect other things.

It shouldn't affect any of your server operations. If there is a chance
that it will I'm sure someone here on the list will step in and correct me.

I would expect to be able to start/stop the
> GUI at my leisure.

You can go back to cli using Ctrl-Alt-F1 etc.