live but persistent @ 8.04.1

2g electriclightheads at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 19:53:44 UTC 2008

oh my god ... then made a mistake @ mutt
really sorry for disturbing the ml but want to send this ..

--8<---

excuse me .. had to send this again because i forgot to put the subject for the last post

since i wanted to have a live environment to do
python + csound + some other CmdLn-audio things
did a persistent install to an usb-flash following the instuction @:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/PenDriveLinux/~3/291209277/

well acutually i used a brand new iso of 8.04.1 for this

it kind of did a boot
i mean i could choose a persistent mode from the boot menu
but fell into a promt screen mentioning something about initrd

so i also did this:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/PenDriveLinux/~3/296896809/

to fix the initrd.gz

but the result was the same

hmm ... it's sad ... did this work for someone else?
after all ... even if this worked for my ARTiGO
what would this live-ubuntu be like?

i can add csound etc
and configure things like alsa & eth0 for the machine i usually use
but can use the same usb-flash to boot it on other someone's machine?
which aspect of auto-detection will remain and which one will be fixed?

i once did a normal command-line install from the alt-installer
and it still seemed to auto-detect the sound card of other machine
and did the set-up for me as default

tia