Keyboard limit?

Rick rufus at hanadari.net
Tue Jul 8 08:06:59 UTC 2008

Rick wrote:
> It seems that Ubuntu (but not Kubuntu) limits the number of keyboards to
> four. SCIM allows for only some leeway with more complex writing
> systems. How can I circumvent this restriction?
>
> Rick

Come on. Don't tell me that no one out there ever needs more than four
keyboards. I regularly work in UK and US English, Hebrew, French, German
and PR Chinese. It would be fine if SCIM would handle the Chinese, but
then I must have a UK English keyboard as default in order that the
dates be expressed day - month - year. These evident absurdities must
have a logical explanation. Just tell me that I'm doing something wrong,
and I'll correct my ways. In Windows (You should excuse me for
mentioning it!) I have also Russian, Portuguese and Arabic on board.

PLEASE HELP!

Rick