manually sent reportbug report`

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Jul 7 17:14:23 UTC 2008

Clifford Haynes wrote:

> Derek Broughton wrote:
>> zooko wrote:
>>

>>> reportbug got an SMTP send failure "Relay access denied", so I'm
>>> sending the file manually:

>>> Thank you for Debian, Ubuntu, KDE, and okular!  (And reportbug.)
>>>

>> Don't thank Ubuntu for reportbug - it's been broken for almost 5 years
>> now,
>> and there's still no sign it will be fixed.  It should be removed from
>> the repos.
>>

> I'm a newbe & need step by step instructions

Sorry, I don't mean it's something you need to do.  It's a pet peeve of mine
that a bug was opened against reportbug in November 2004 (sorry, that's
only approaching FOUR years) and there has been continual talk of an
impending solution, but nothing has ever come of it.  If they won't fix
reportbug, it shouldn't be part of Ubuntu.
--
derek