Looking for a Picture Management Program#

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 15:18:53 UTC 2008

Chris G wrote:

> As far as I know just about all the reasonably serious image
> management programs already *do* use a database.  Digikam certainly
> does and so does f-prot I believe.

Yes, of course. In hindsight, I should have realized they do. I used
digikam for a while but then decided to put all my photos on a networked
drive so that everyone in the family can view them from any computer.

Now since digikam does use a database for images, have you tried KDE's
mailing list (or digikam's) to see if the developers can shed some more
light on the features you want? Perhaps there is a way (KDE is quite
detailed, IMO) to do what you want.