Looking for a Picture Management Program#

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sun Jul 6 11:51:15 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 11:57:30AM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/7/5 Steve Brettell <sbrettell at gmail.com>:
> > For an unusual solution to this, check the GiffMex.org site.  There is a
> > TiddlyWiki written by the owner for sorting and storing pictures with
> > captions, etc.
> >
> > If you aren't familiar with TiddlyWiki, it's a very very flexible little
> > program that uses easy linking (like the old HyperCard program) to sort,
> > store and retrieve information.  The GiffMex.org site has a couple of very
> > clear tutorials.  WikiPedia is based on this same type of technology.
> >

> What's wrong with Digikam or F-Spot? They are designed specifically
> for organizing images.

I'm the OP, I'm already using digikam and it's pretty good but doesn't
quite work right for me.  What I'm after is a program which will work
*very* similarly to digikam but allows me to organise albums in the
way that I want rather than sorting them alphabetically which is what
digikam does.

I know digikam has other 'views' (by date and by collection) but using
these you lose all of the album names.  I want to be able to name my
albums with meaningful names (e.g. "Spain, holiday") but keep them in
chronological order.  This seems such an obvious thng to want to do
that it amazes me that there isn't an image management program out
there that can do it.

--
Chris Green