Flash/youtube/firefox wierdness

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 4 21:43:41 UTC 2008

On 07/04/2008 09:36 AM, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> Anyone else see this behavior?
>
> After the last major set of updates, I had lost sound settings on my
> system. I managed to get the correct ALSA sevice set up again, but Flash
> videos weren't playing with sound properly in firefox.
>
> I installed a library that was suggested from google searches with
> apt-get (libflashsupport 1.9-0ubuntu1) and sound returned.
>
> Today it seems that if I play more than two or three youtube videos
> consecutively FireFox crashes. Bring it back up, it can play a few more
> than *poof*.
>
> I've already cleared "personal data" (assuming that also would get rid
> of corrupt cached files). Had anyone else run into something like this?
> Maybe need to reinstall some particular packages?

Install PrefBar:
http://prefbar.mozdev.org/
and select "Customize" - you can add buttons to clear cache (memory,
disk, all). As for Fx3; I think it will take awhile longer before it
fully stabilizes, particularly with flash. Alternately you can
experiment with flash 10:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/