Ubuntu vs. Kubuntu ... just one!

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Fri Jul 4 17:58:48 UTC 2008

Steven Davies-Morris wrote:
> Shame that you've gone back to Windows,

I don't think it's a shame to use Windows or to go back to Windows. IMHO
it isn't useful to insist on using Linux if the job is easier done with
Windows. It is a question of how much time is available for experiments
with a new OS. If it doesn't work within a given time, it is quite
reasonable to return to Windows if that is known to work.

> but if and when
> you're ready to try again, if you can be a little less hasty in your
> actions, and a little more specific in detail, there's plenty of help
> here on this list that will get you to the promised land.

Well, Rick wrote that his questions were not answered here. I didn't check
what his questions were, but I do know that some questions on this list
stay unanswered. So maybe he is one of those unlucky persons who don't
get that much help here.

Anyway, I would suggest to start with a dual boot installation next time,
then it would be a smaller problem if the Linux installation doesn't work
immediately.

Nils