Problem with Download

Steven Davies-Morris sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Fri Jul 4 17:22:24 UTC 2008

Toby Dickenson wrote:
> David Curtis wrote:
>> Byron Starkey wrote:
>>> I hope you can help, I started downloading Ubuntu this morning
>>> as I wanted to give it a try. I noticed that download was 694MB
>>> and the download reached about 224MB and ended there. Why did
>>> it not finish downloading completely?
>> If it happens again use a download manager that can resume
>> downloads. That way you won't have to start from the begining if
>> your connection is interupted or reset.
>
> Or download using bittorrent. It should be faster, will definitely
> be able to resume, and you can be confident that the file is intact
> once the download is complete.

A very valid point and a big plus for why use torrents to acquire
install CD/DVDs. I always use torrents when getting Ubuntu install
discs. In addition to knowing without having to do an MD5 checksum (if
one is available), going the torrent route allws me to become part of
the feed for distribution of Ubuntu (etc etc), which is a positive and
very "ubuntu" thing to do.
NP: demos for the next Systems Theory album