Can't Switch Betweem TTY And X

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 4 03:53:19 UTC 2008

--- NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 06/30/2008 09:55 AM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> > --- NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

> >> Leonard, this may have been asked previously; if
> you
> >> boot as a different
> >> user are you able to switch tty's?
> >>
> > Hi, Gary,
> >
> > Thanks for the tip.  Did it; but no joy. I can
> switch
> > ---------snip
> might be the cause, then I'd try booting into
> recovery mode and trying
> option 4 (xfix) and see if using the automagic xorg
> will sort it out. Be
> sure to back up your existing xorg files first.

Getting time to do this now but, don't see an option 4
when boot to recovery mode. No menu whatsoever. Typing
xfix on command line says can't find command.  So how
do you get to option 4 xfix from the root prompt?

> Do you remember what you did in the dpkg-reconfigure
> debconf that may
> have created the problem? Perhaps enabling
> framebuffers etc? Perhaps if
> you do it again the menus will jog your memory.

When I run dpkg-reconfig debconf now it only asks for
interface to use(chose interactive) and priority level
to use(from memory) whereas originally there were
configuration questions for several items to
configure.  Don't know how to get the original
configuration menu which makes things difficult to
sort out.  Any thoughts on this?

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net