Book on Servers

Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com Michael.Coll-Barth at VerizonWireless.com
Thu Jul 3 14:42:40 UTC 2008

> From: Karl Larsen
> >
>     Another good question is why would a home user want a server? Is
> there a good use it can be put to use? I can't think of any.

Eventually, I intend to set up an old box as a firewall and a proxy
server.  Another box will be used as a LAMP ( P = python ) box.  A third
will be a backup server for everyone's files; pictures, movies and
music.  All this for a family of four, each with their own desktop.

That reminds me, I need to get a zoning variance for a household nuclear
power plant.

And I still need to figure out how to use apt-move ( I have not
forgotten the list's suggestions ).

Michael

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.