Book on Servers

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 12:47:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:

>>     Hi Oli, I am not aware of the LTS and it's 5 year cycle. How do you
>> get the LTS version? A five year life might make a Ubuntu book possible.
>> Do you have an estimate of how many LTServers are being used today?
>>
>    I answered my own question on LTS. I can d/l a text version cd .iso
> from the ubuntu web page. So this is the version covered by the book.
> How many are in use today is the only question.

Are you honestly saying that you were asked to review a book on Ubuntu
server configuration and you were completed unaware of the fact that
Ubuntu provide a Long Term Support (LTS) of their distribution?

Doesn't this make you completely inappropriate to review a book on that subject?

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0