Belkin USB dongle

debian debiani386 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 22:17:32 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 18:47 +0100, Robin Trebilcock wrote:
> I am just about to install Ubuntu on my desktop. On my Windows setup I
> use a Belkin USB dongle to connect to my wireless modem/router. Will
> Ubuntu recognise this on installation or do I have to configure it in
> some way. If so, can someone lead me by the hand as I am a Linux newbie
> Thanks
> Robin

chances are..it will. but if not, you can always try either googling for
a linux driver or using the ndiswrapper

about the only cards i cant seem to get to work on linux is 2WIRE. tried
googling for opensource drivers and tried ndiswrappering it and it didnt
work. all the other cards ive used though, work perfectly though.
--cj