realtek wireless

Jim Rosser jarosser06 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 13:56:39 UTC 2008

Yeah i think you can set it up to start with the rest of the operating
system, i think i saw it in that forum posting or maybe another.  Anyways i
don't think there is another way to do it but if you find a better way let
me know.

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 6:09 AM, Mumia W. <
paduille.4062.mumia.w+nospam at earthlink.net<paduille.4062.mumia.w%2Bnospam at earthlink.net>>
wrote:

> steve wrote:
> > Jim Rosser wrote:
> >> I just bought a Gateway T-1628 with a realtek wireless driver and i
> found
> >> this forum posting helpful and you might also.
> >>
> >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=681925&page=2
> >>

> > hi, thanks for the link I tried that a couple days ago too, and just
> > tried it again to see if it worked..(been at this for 3 days now)...you
> > have to go to that folder everytime you want to run that ./wlan0up
> > command?  Im looking for a kernel module like madwifi or something like
> > that. something that will already work without having to run a command
> > everytime I want to use wireless.
> >

> I would guess that you could place the command to execute wlan0up in
> /etc/init.d/rc.local ; rc.local is run automatically upon bootup.

Jim Rosser
Winchester Designs