Bad file downloads of instructor.pdf or student.pdf for 7.1 desktop course

Willis Taylor gods-servant at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 31 02:44:20 UTC 2008

Gerald Dachs wrote:
> Am Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:04:35 -0600
> schrieb Willis Taylor <gods-servant at sbcglobal.net>:
>

>> NoOp wrote:

>>> Two 72.5MB email attachments? I don't know of any standard ISP email
>>> system that will allow you to do that (upload or download). But on
>>> top of that he's on dialup... Even if you managed to get the files
>>> attached and sent, and his ISP accepted the email, an email with
>>> 145MB's of attachments would probably hose his email downloads for
>>> quite some time.
>>>

>> You're right.  On DSL it would only take 5 or 6 seconds and many of
>> the DSL providers are a couple of gig in the email.  I went that way
>> for photo repair distributation and it is very effective.
>>

> A couple of gig in ONE email, I don't believe this.
>
> Gerald

Two gig is the listed limit and I have actually received one piece of
work that was 1.1gig.  It seems that I recall it taking about a minute
or better to upload and send back to the originator.  And I had time to
go get my coffee while I loaded it into my computer.  I'm sorry, I
didn't mean to shake anyone up.  I use att dsl.