NO video picture with Skype (Beta) & Logitech QuickCam Communicate S

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Thu Jan 31 12:43:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 18:14 +0700, Philippe Didier wrote:
> SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:

> > > OK try xvinfo only without  | grep "number of ports" and show me the
> > > output if you can.
> > >
> > > Philippe
> > >

> > Hi Philippe
> > Thanks again for feedback and hint !
> >
> > xvinfo result is:
> > X-Video Extension version 2.2
> > screen #0
> >  no adaptors present
> >
> > Hope this result brings you / us ont to right spur !?
> >
> > Keen to learn, and hopefully to understand too,
> > how you track this problem. ;-)
> >
> > Cheers, svobi
> >

> Unfortunately no, but Skype technician for sure. I think that this is
> an important information anyway.
>
> I cannot help you more here, sorry
>
> Philippe

OOPpss ...
... sorry to hear so !
Anyway thank you for taking the time !!
Will try to get to Skype Support !!!

One more question to the Ubuntu Skype Users:
Are you (successfully) using the normal or the beta version ??
I decided for the beta coz it promised better support rgd webcams !?
Perhaps I need to change and try the normal version (too) before !?

What's your recoomendation ???