camorama

steve sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Thu Jan 31 01:22:26 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:

|> I get root at karl-desktop:~# lsmod |grep gspca
|> gspca                 608336  0
|> videodev               29312  1 gspca
|> usbcore               138632  8
|> snd_usb_audio,snd_usb_lib,gspca,usb_storage,libusual,ehci_hcd,ohci_hcd
|> root at karl-desktop:~#
|
| and
|
| lsusb
|
|> I get this
|
|> root at karl-desktop:~# lsusb
|> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 058f:6362 Alcor Micro Corp.
|> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
|> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046d:08f6 Logitech, Inc.
|> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
|
|> Bus 001 Logitech is my camera. So why does it not work I wonder? Better
|> take it to windows again and see if it still works there.
|
|> Karl
|
| are you getting something like this in the output?
|
| steve at ubuntu-laptop:~$ lsmod | grep gspca
| gspca                 679760  0
| videodev               29312  1 gspca
| usbcore               138632  5 gspca,usbhid,ehci_hcd,ohci_hcd
|
| and this
|
| steve at ubuntu-laptop:~$ lsusb
| Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
| Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
| Bus 001 Device 005: ID 046d:092f Logitech, Inc.

bro im stumped.  if it doesnt work in skype or ekiga right now,  the
only thing i can think of is your cam isnt supported (not likely though)
i dont have a clue at this point, anytime i installed it, on probably 20
different desktops or laptops and 3 or 4 different logitech cams it
always worked for me.

- --
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com