usb drives don't mount anymore

Matías Graña matiasg at dm.uba.ar
Wed Jan 30 13:32:36 UTC 2008

Thanks for the shot. Unfortunately it doesn't work.
With uhci_hcd out, I can't do anything: my keyboard and mouse use it.
With ehci_hcd out, I get the same output in dmesg, and /dev/sdb is not
created.

Is there any chance I could have ide-core.ko or some other modules
corrupted? I always used update-manager to do updates, so I'd guess this
shouldn't happen. But I'm out of ideas...

Thanks again! And again, any tip could be helpful.

Matías