Adobe eBooks

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Jan 29 15:01:28 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On 24/01/2008, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> kpdf even stores the password in my kwallet.
>
> That is just brilliant. I love KDE.

It gets better.  The only restriction on the eBook is that you can't cut and
paste text from it.  I was looking in the kpdf settings just now and
noticed a (checked) box saying "Obey DRM settings".  So, I unchecked it...
and I can cut and paste!  For the life of me, I can't figure out why they
would have restricted that, anyway.  It's a programming text - and the only
things I'd want to cut and paste are things they provide in an accompanying
zip of all the examples!
--
derek