File Association for JARS

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Mon Jan 28 11:10:11 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 08:12 +0200, Johnny Kewl wrote:
> Hello every1,
>
> So how to make Click on JAR run... on ubuntu in Firefox and default
> Desktop (looks like its KDE from emails)

If you install sun-java6-jre, the option "Open With Sun Java 6 Runtime"
should be available for .jar files.

Then it's just a matter of telling the file launcher system to use that
instead of the archiver. Just right click on any jar file, select
Properties, and go to "Open With." Switch the radio button from "Archive
Manager" to "Sun Java 6 Runtime" and it should be done.

mike

--
Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
http://picasaweb.google.com/demiri.head.wedding