Persistent Ubuntu on a USB stick

Nikolaos Konstantinou nkons at cn.ntua.gr
Mon Jan 28 11:05:00 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am a linux newbie (I still consider myself a newbie after ~2 years of
dealing with it :)

My question is this: I'm following the tutorial in
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveUsbPendrivePersistent in order to make ubuntu
bootable (and hopefully persistent) from a usb drive.

While I am trying to make the 2 partitions on my usb disk (I have an Imation
2GB flash disk), the fdisk doesn't let me assign more than 715MB of space to
partition #1. As the OS needs 750M, I am unable to proceed.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Why can't I give more than 715M to
the partition of the usb?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Nikolaos