evo, imap and gmail are causing a small issue

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 01:10:49 UTC 2008

I just enabled imap for my gmail accounts and reconfigured them in
evolution. Whenever I delete a message from my inbox it goes into the
folder called "all mail", which is what I hoped it would do. The problem
is that no matter whether I read the message or not it shows up in all
mail as unread. This causes a slight problem when cgmail notifies me of
new messages, since it seems as though it's looking for unread messages,
in all folders, so it says that all my messages that are now archived
are still new.

My question would be is this a bug in gmail's imap implementation or is
this a problem with evolution? Also, is this a possible known issue with
a fix I haven't found yet?

Live long and prosper,
Lorenzo