Gnome Partition Editor

Peter Smerdon psmerdon at magma.ca
Sun Jan 27 13:49:40 UTC 2008

Robert Pears <robertpears at bigpond.com> writes:

> Hi All,
> Loaded Fiesty Fawn in October and have been trecking thru this minefield
> called "Ubuntu" with increasing confidence since that time.
> At Christmas, updated to Gutsy and discovered that I can no longer load
> Gnome Partition Editor. Error message speaks about my computer type
> (i386) not supported.
> Synaptic package Mngr shows "Parted" as being loaded, but I am uncertain
> how to bring this application to an operational status.
> Would appreciate any suggestions
> Robert

The error you are getting is indeed strange as i386 is supported
and should not give you any problems.

perhaps start the program from the command line and then check its
output for the exact error message, google that exact message or post it here.

One other thing you could try is downloading the gparted live cd,
burning the iso to disk and booting from it, this might not help but you
never know sometimes

good luck
--

Peter.