Upgrading to KDE 4.0

Robert Persson ireneshusband at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 22:55:05 UTC 2008

That should be http://www.kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-4.0.php
> However, you may be very disappointed in the lack of polish.
>
> IMO (and a lot of other's), it's not yet ready for prime time.
>
> At least you can install and leave your kde 3.5 intact.
>
> Paul

When I tried installing kde4 a month or two back it was so broken as to
be completely unusable; I think I managed to launch firefox after a big
struggle, but nothing else worked. I don't think other people have had
quite such a useless experience with it as I have had. But still,as you
say, polished it isn't. I'll probably wait until 4.0.1 turns up before I
install it again. No point having unnecessary headaches.

Robert