Cant delete/remove files in /opt

Upul Godage upulg.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 14:00:55 UTC 2008

Hi,

Try 'sudo rm /opt/filename' and give your user account password.

When you type 'su' alone you are login into root account which is disabled
in Ubuntu by default. See
http://www.ubuntux.org/how-to-change-the-root-password-in-ubuntu

When you type 'sudo something' you are using your user account but with root
privileges.

Upul